Wednesday, March 16, 2005

EFT meets Sufism.

Bismi'llah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim...for the sake of Prophet Muhammad saws and Sheikh Nazim may Allah protect his secret.

16th March.08.08.Hrs. Orgiva.Spain.

Been doing loads of EFT though wandering a bit off into fields of my own. "Try it on everything." says Gary. Well I do and that includes my 'lio' around belief,tariqat,Islam,sufism,Sheikh Nazim,the Prophet SAWS.etc etc.
I think again there was a moment of great clarity this morning,helping to resolve many issues.. or ... the result of many resolved issues! Which may be much more like it. Underlining how the elimination of the emotional aspect of so many of our problems frees us off to see that it is just that emotional stuff which makes them seem unsolvable or which keeps us stuck in old patterns.
Let me see if I can express what seemed like a quite simple but very important Truth. Following on a bit from yesterdays' (or perhaps I should say the last thirty years') short discussion about the Truth of unity and the pitfalls of trying to live only in Haqiqat I would say that ... although Allah is One and in a sense all is He. He, in His Oneness created everything else in duality and,while He is also both components of that duality we are created in duality by Him and we live in a duality created by Him so it is our job to remember Him and that all is He while having our essential unitary selves manifested in this seemingly solid body in this seemingly solid material universe. What we can't do is escape our destiny to be in this body or this life except by remembering Him and worshipping Him as constantly as possible and then maybe He may open up other realities which we are sure that the Sheikh experiences (such as covering his material body with his spiritual body and travelling in the spiritual realms with it ).
This has already got into a bit of psycho-babble which seems to happen when one tries to express these things..because really there was just an essential Truth there and it seems to have got complicated.
Just for my own satisfaction I'll give one more try to make it simple.Perhaps if I try to recall the circumstances in which this revelatory thing occurred,it might help.
I was lying in bed having done lots of EFT to help with my existential angst (or 'dukkha' as the Buddha might have called it.) consciously deciding to do this instead of getting up to do night prayers, as the EFT seems to help more even though logic and 'faith' and all of Sheikh's teaching scream that getting up and overcoming the nafs with ascetic practices is what really works. So there was already some conflict to resolve there.
I did a lot of rounds of EFT and became quiet enough to come to some concentration on this unity/duality thing.Curiuosly I had deviated from the typical "Even though my dad whacked me with a stick when I was four years old.." stuff to .."Even though there is no God but God..." and "Even though Muhammad is the Prophet and Messenger of Allah.." and "Even though Sheikh Nazim is awliya Allah.." and "Even though I am one of Sheikhs worst murids and a terrible Muslim ..." etc etc .
Anyway I came to the bit where (typically) there is the thought , If all is Allah then in reality I am Allah too (like Hallaj etc) ,all that praying to Him just emphasises the duality, isn't it better to seek to be in Reality .. to try to be one with The One? In Advaita Vedanta they advise "sitting in the seat of awareness" .. as Rumi says "Who is this speaking through my mouth?" "Who is this hearing through my ears?" Isn't really the essence of meditation and what the Buddha brought just being one with The One,letting go and annihilating oneself in the essence (which is nameless and cannot be thought about) ... ?
At this point I am slipping into that delicious state where there is total faith in what I am thinking about and going towards..there is letting go and trusting ,even if just for a few moments ... I struggle to remember Nisargadatta's words but they don't come " Remember that you are the silent witness of the chattering mind." or something like that? ..It doesn't seem to matter because I am going towards that anyway. It is delicious ,it lasts for a short while.(Even Sheikh advises us to try to just be with our Lord for a while..perhaps five minutes a day especially an hour before fajr,"Murakaba" sufi meditation,and then try to increase it until it is twenty four hours a day.)
Then it slips..and conscience is saying "What about the prayer?" My soul is wanting to do it but my mind is still with the other thing..and then comes the realisation ..."Everything is Allah,There is nothing existing or acting except Allah,but He created me in duality and in duality I must exist and worship Him as taught by Muhammad SAWS."
He is The Creator Al Khalik and I am the slave abd .. abd Allah. (The Lord is always the Lord and the servant is always the servant as Sheikh Nazim says.)

He is One and all is one and I am one in my essence but He has created me in duality and I live in duality ... it is a shadow show .. it is not Reality with a capital R but it is a magic world a miraculous world brought into being by Him Almighty and I am a miraculous being also brought into being by Him Almighty to live and breath as long as He wills and to try to remember my promise to Him on The Day of Promises.
Now what was it? !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home