Sunday, April 03, 2005

Bismi'llah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim...for the sake of Prophet Muhammad saws and Sheikh Nazim may Allah protect his secret.

Shame ,in a way,that the posts come out in reverse order from that in which they are written,as the development of an idea is somewhat back to front in that way.There used to be a device in Blogger where one could choose the order of the posts,but I don't find it any more.Perhaps I could write to them..the only other way is to keep editing the same post and adding to it..which is a bit of a drag and wouldn't work too well with the photos either.
This is just an introductory paragraph to the bit that follows,and continues on from the bit that follows that...about my new motto and the discovery of the meaning of service (and why they are called church 'services' and so on)..
The quote below is one of the many which I recieve from Beliefnet.com daily,I ordered Muslim,Hindu and Buddhist wisdoms..and I often find an affinity..a kind of familiar vibration,with things from Hinduism..somehow the emphasis on service in that religion is maybe what has awoken the understanding of it in general within me.
There are other things also,both within Hinduism and Buddhism,which sum up certain wisdoms in certain ways..with which I also feel this affinity.
It is perhaps ,not surprising as Buddhism could be said to arise from Hinduism..and anyway,wisdom is wisdom and as such is universal.The ancient wisdom of the vedas,and the pared down turbo powered wisdom of the Zen masters both filtered through to our times in the hippy and acid generation and I'm sure I'm not the only one to be marked by them.They are part of human civilisation's heritage and,if I can,I will find a pertinent Buddhist quote and post it.
(I've looked but I can't find the one I wanted for the moment.... more later ... my lap top stopped writing for a while ... I've been trying to find a way to upload GIFs to the blog but it doesn't seem to work either with Picasa/Hello,or with simple copy and paste as it does in 'Word'.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home