Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Time for a pause.

Bismi'llah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim...for the sake of Prophet Muhammad saws and Sheikh Nazim may Allah protect his secret.

I need a pause,and the pause is this. ...When I step off the mad merry-go-round of other peoples blogs,thoughts,lives,experiences...when I walk away from the little glowing screen with it's links to sites and articles with links to more articles and sites...en fin..when I stop 'surfing'! ..then ..(now-almost).. I'm on my own .. with God ... with Allah and my conscience!
I will also say this..I don't see a lot of point in keep writing this stuff in here if no-one ever writes a comment.If there's no feed back I'm not sure who I'm writing to..I know that I get 'hits' (just look at the counter)..though I'm not sure if everybody hangs around long enough to read what I write.My stats counter should tell me ..and it probably does .. but I find it a bit confusing..some people look like they stayed up to eight hours! others 0 seconds..O.K. I'm sure one can eventually understand all the little columns and figures in there..but,the point is,I WANT FEED-BACK!.. If not..I'll just stay over with my friends on Blog Ladder and just stick a few links to other articles or,occasionally copy and paste something which I consider of some interest or relevance over here.
It's a kind of threat,albeit a rather apathetic one,from which I don't expect too much of a reaction..but there you are...
Friendly homely ramblings and comments to comments can be found at www.blogladder.com (which is also linked in the sidebar under blogrolling)and meanwhile you could take a peek at "The Larry Lyons Experience." ..a post from which/whom inspired me enough to join Blog Ladder. (also in Blogrolling in the sidebar)
I'm interested in the discussions and implications of Oneness (a ..or perhaps the most important quality/name of Allah ..well maybe after after Rahman/Rahim otherwise we'd all be lost!)..even if no-one else appears to be (judging by the lack of comments here ..or visits to my 'Oneness' blog.)
I'm intensely interested in Advaita Vedanta and it's similarities with Sufism and it's methodology (especially for very cerebral people like me) ..and it's,perhaps inherent weaknesses as a method or path for more than a small group,because of the lack of a 'Shariat' to protect it and it's followers..even if no-one else is..(judging by the lack of response every time I mention such things.)Perhaps I am not amusing or lively enough..perhaps surfers and bloggers are an apathetic,lazy bunch who can't be bothered to write in a comments box ..perhaps sufis looking for sufi stuff want pure Islamic sufism..Perhaps it's just God's way,or the universe's way,of telling me to stop surfing..stop writing in blogs ( a substitue for talking, now that I spend all my time on my own, so,logically,I've stopped that..)and just be alone with Allah ... and my conscience.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are doing a good job. Keep it up. Jazakallah.

I am just a newbie in Sufism so here I am.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think blogging is a way of putting your thoughts together, more for yourself than anybody else. For me, blogging helps me see things a lot clearer. The audience is ultimately yourself, believe it or not. Strangers read your blog and leave. That's the way it goes in the blogging world...Do it for yourself, it's more fun than engaging in endless discussions in forums online. In the blogging world, you write what you think, and nobody's gonna stop you...Ihsan

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 4:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was here! Also wrote responses at blog ladder. Will be back to take in your message later today. How nice this seems with lots to learn about your spiritual adventure. Thank you for inviting me.

Debbe

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 9:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you realize this - but the path to realization is also a lonely, self-ish path, it's every person for him/herself. What's true for you isn't necessarily true for someone else, so a reluctance to comment on your blog could also be that people don't identify themselves in what you're writing. For someone who seems to be 'getting' the finer aspects of realization, you seem awfully impatient.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right! There is a vulnerable feeling about writing and not hearing back, but it always leads me back to examination of intentions and perceived limitations of the experience. What one doesn't know is that when you write is what impact it might have on someone else. You may be the Light for someone else that may never tell you. They may not be able to write or find the words. If you are Light, does it matter that you know? If you truly represent Oneness to the world, does this require feedback? These questions are always with me when the journey seems lonely. When I asked others one time why they post or don't post. The one response that is imprinted was ... "I return here because in you I share my day." When someone passes and doesn't post, I have this knowing. In the end it is all a matter of perspective...being with people on many realms to me is being with God. So I keep striving to write without expectation. Just put love into the writing. The rest will be revealed or manifested in some way I may not be able to imagine.

Now about your contribution as I have experienced and observed it in a short time. You make a difference. Your energy is vibrant at blogladder. You listen, show interest, ask questions, welcome people, make them think ... your return will come. It may not be limited to a written response.
Thank you for inviting to visit your blog. I invite you to visit mine. Perhaps you'll leave me a post :-) http://globaldialoguecenter.blogs.com/perspectives

Debbe

Friday, May 20, 2005 4:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home