Saturday, July 02, 2005

Say Allah.

Bismi'llah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim...for the sake of Prophet Muhammad saws and Sheikh Nazim may Allah protect his secret.

Saturday July 2nd 2005. La Herradura. Granada. Spain.


Am I really going to write anything again?..

Am I really going to write something again? …

Is there really any point in writing anything … if the intention is not for Allah? …

No.

So,unless the intention is for Allah .. I won’t write.

“Say Allah and leave them to their plunging.”


I am a bit ‘mosqueado’ with all the nonsense surrounding my lap top .. perhaps,not least of all because the girl in the shop just gaily wiped off all my documents..including my journal, after having specifically asked me wether I wanted to keep anything and arranging to keep all the stuff from My Documents ,then .. when I went to ask her about it..insisting on telling me that she always saves things for people .. that she had just saved everything on someone else’s computer .. and that she thought about it when she did mine and thought, “How strange, he told me to wipe everything off.”!
“ I’m sorry,”she said in Spanish, “I must have had my head in another place.”

If I am supposed to be writing this for Allah,all I can say is that He must have wanted me to lose everything and start again..He must want me to be so frustrated with it all.Perhaps,not only do I “deserve” it,but it is also a way of making me aware that I must be so conscious when I am writing now..of what I am doing and why. It is going to take some very rigorous self control and self discipline.

This morning I was impressed by this short description of one of Allah’s ninety nine names,by Sheikh Nazim (Q S) ;


AL-MU'AKHKHIR: The Delayer

"He leaves whomever He wills behind and delays advancement. If a believer is left behind in spite of his efforts, there is always a reason.......maybe there is some wrong, impurity or hypocrisy in his intentions.
Or advancement for him necessitates more difficulty and pain so that he will value the reward more and better guard his station when he reaches it."

Followed by this one,which is perhaps the way to put things right if we can.



AL TAWWAB: The Acceptor of Repentance


"He constantly turns man to repentance, awakening the hearts of believers from the sleep of heedlessness through love of him, with the manifestation of His existence around them, with the words of good advice of those who are close to Him, with promises of rewards and fear of His punishment. The repentance acceptable is the effort of inner cleaning, purification."


As I start looking at stuff on Blog Ladder and my Sufistuff blog again I am very aware of how easy it is to get distracted from the main business of remembering Allah and worshipping Him.There are so many little hooks that take one away by one milimetre at the beginning and, by the time one is aware of it,have taken one a kilometre or two. One has to struggle hard to follow the advice given in one of the Prophet’s (pbuh) hadith;

“Leave what does not concern you.”

Perhaps the homoeopathy I am taking is helping to keep me clear (though of course He is The First Cause,this may be a secondary cause, although I love that quote from Imam Ghazali “There are no secondary causes.”)

So … at least for today .. if I can ..

“Say Allah and leave them to their plunging.” (Koran)

and,

“Leave what does not concern you.” (Hadith.)

Salaams. Uthman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home