Thursday, May 26, 2005

More debate on B.L.

Bismi'llah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim...for the sake of Prophet Muhammad saws and Sheikh Nazim may Allah protect his secret.

After the post below and a few comments in reaction I then said this.


Productive debate if possible.

I don’t want to get involved in endless debates either if they only become battles of ego to prove who can win an argument ,however if they lead to expansion of horizons or coming to useful conclusions,that is another thing … I’m just observing, thinking and sincerely looking for the best, and the best I have found so far … is a system where everything makes sense within a belief that the universe/s was/were created with a purpose and a meaning … not just some great causeless accident that no-one can explain how it happened,why it happened or where it came from. I cannot be content to live in a meaningless world or universe and find it hard to believe that everything we can see with the naked eye in nature is really the result of evolution,let alone the incredibly complex symphony of what is happening at a microscopic level within the human being.If one doesn’t really believe in anything it is perhaps hard to understand the possibility of a ruler with his conscience restrained by his fear of God…much less a class of beings especially created for the role of leadership.I hope to learn from these discussions and hope I can keep my head open to learning even if my basic education in history and so on is a bit lacking.The great weakness as I see it in democracy (even if it really is what it claims to be on the surface rather than a puppet show to keep us all distracted while the real power is hidden and achieves its objectives whichever party is voted in, as I suspect) is that election by majority means election by the less educated,less informed and least appropriate.In the very interesting article posted by kitlulu the other day one can read the following … another Bush adviser explained, “Let me clue you in. We don’t care. You see, you’re outnumbered two to one by folks in the big, wide middle of America, busy working people who don’t read the New York Times or Washington Post or the LA Times.”….Perhaps that is how a president that so many people actively dislike or even hate,has been elected for a second term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home