Sunday, July 03, 2005

Love of the Prophet (PBUH).

Bismi'llah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim...for the sake of Prophet Muhammad saws and Sheikh Nazim may Allah protect his secret.


3rd July 2005 La Herradura.Granada Spain.

13.57.Hrs.


I have been looking at a lovely sufi islamic blog done by an Australian Naqshbandi lady. It is to be found at http://www.warriorette.blogspot.com/ .
There are many links to good authentic stuff and a bit from one of them affected me with relation to my new found affinity with the Koran. It is from the Shifa of Qadi Ayad which has been translated by Aisha Bewley.

In the section on signs of love for the Prophet (pbuh) I found this.

9) Another sign of it is love for the Qur'an which the Prophet brought, by which he guided and was guided, and whose character he took on so that 'A'isha said, "His character was the Qur'an." Part of love for the Qur'an is its recitation and acting by it and understanding it, and loving his sunna and keeping within its limits.
Sahl ibn 'Abdullah said, "The sign of the love of Allah is love of the Qur'an. The sign of love of the Qur'an is love of the Prophet. The sign of love of the Prophet is love of the Sunna. The sign of love of the Sunna is love of the Next World. The sign of love of the Next World is hatred for this world. The sign of hatred for this world is that you do not store up any of it except for provision and what you need to arrive safely in the Next World."
Ibn Mas'ud said, "No one needs to ask himself about anything except the Qur'an. If he loves the Qur'an, he loves Allah and His Messenger."

I found great relief and some peace and joy of heart in that as I have had many years in which my deep felt connection was with Allah and Sheikh Nazim but my connection with the Prophet and the Koran was weak.

There are many other beautiful quotes from the same section including this;

'Umar ibn al-Khattab told the Prophet, "I love you more than anything except my soul which is between my two sides." The Prophet replied, "None of you will believe until I am dearer to him than his own soul." 'Umar said, "By the One who sent down the Book on you, I love you more than my soul which is between my two sides." The Prophet said, "'Umar, now you have it!" (al-Bukhari)

which made me cry even though I resisted it.

Salaams Uthman.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalaamu Alaikum
Top post, mash'allah!
You have an excellent weblong with very critically insightful contents and perspectives. Jazakullkhairun for your efforts. Ameen

W'salaam

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 1:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home