Thursday, July 07, 2005

PC Probs.

Bismi'llah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim...for the sake of Prophet Muhammad saws and Sheikh Nazim may Allah protect his secret.

After two days of trying everything I could think of,seems like I've got my access to view my blogs back.Maybe it was a virus that AVG picked up and I sent to the virus vault. I don't know.
I've been using AVG and Zone Alarm for some time now and have added to that Spy Bot and recently AdAware ... and now the Microsoft Anti Spyware ... somehow between them all,something has been achieved.
Perhaps there is too much stuff running on it now because it is terribly slow..but,something is better than nothing I suppose.
I wonder wether I can get a new chip put in to deal with all the stuff one needs to deal with internet these days? For now I have a Pentium Three and as the local shop has put Windows XP on the machine perhaps that is already loading its capacity?I don't know enough about these things.
The new router has come from Telefonica..I wonder what kind of saga that will entail?
Anyway since we've been in this place I spend more time with the computer and its inner workings than with sufi related stuff!
Any info from any friendly interested party is most welcome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sufi *smiles*

All of the software that you mentioned will keep you clean I would have thought but there are also numerous other little programmes around that are free and worth running from time to time.

One of these is the "Stinger" Just click the download stinger.exe link and then "run" the programme. No need to save because the stinger is constantly updated the moment that more virus definition files are available. Not much gets by this one.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home