Thursday, November 10, 2005

Hospital update.

Bismi'llah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim...for the sake of Prophet Muhammad saws and Sheikh Nazim may Allah protect his secret.

O.K. .. I've got a short opportunity to write something, so I will. At the moment I am staying at the "oncologico" with Bilquis .. they say it is one of the best cancer hospitals in Europe. Things look a bit rough to be honest and I am wondering how I am going to re-invent my life to cope with the situation. At the moment they're doing all sorts of tests on her including to see if the pains are anything to do with bone cancer.
Today she is a bit down and I have to fight the tendency to go up and down with her moods. Yesterday she was bright and happy and full of hope. There is some hope .. especially in this moment from the possibility of the medicine of Antonio Bru ... as well as the possibility that the "Renoven" (ex-BioBac) will help.
The truth is it has been left very late and the gaenacologists don't want to operate.
I'm not going to go into any more details right now.

I am at the house of an old friend of Bilquis's ; Blanca, who lives right near the hospital and looking at the possibilities of doing some English teaching work. Funds are running low and all that we made in the summer, that would normally have lasted a year, well, half of it has gone in two months.

What can I say ? Life goes on, what is past is past .. and that is all there is to it.
Two details. One, there was a possibility of an internet connection in the hospital .. they had very kindly provided a computer and a connection for the use of patients and visitors.. but, a) the keyboard did not work (even though I straightened all the bent pins in the plug with my penknife and put it in the right place .. at three o-clock this morning when I couldn't sleep and discovered all this) and b) the connection didn't seem to be working either. I don't know if I can find anyone who is interested to solve these problems amongst the already busy staff here .. I might mention to someone in the appropriate moment... at least I can put a paper in the suggestions box which sits there very empty. For the moment I may have some access from here at Blanca's place .. which I shall probably visit with the intention of walking her dog with her as a way to get a break from the hospital and get some fresh air and exercise.
And.. two, what an extraordinary relief and a pleasure it is to use a normal keyboard and not those horrible flat lap top keys .. so easy ! (I'm not totally inept at typing after all!)

1 Comments:

Blogger longgone1 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home