Friday, December 09, 2005

Absence from oneself.

Bismi'llah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim...for the sake of Prophet Muhammad saws and Sheikh Nazim may Allah protect his secret.

Sometimes, when I am in squeezy moments, like the present one ..I'll take one of Sheikh's books and open it at random for some appropriate advice.
For lack of any 3D books of Sheikh's on this journey, I just went to the lap top for a PDF version of On the Bridge to Eternity. which I had donloaded from Warriorette's site.

This is what I came up with .. it goes straight to the core of why I'm being pushed off B.L. I think .. (best thing spiritually, tough on the ego ..oh well) ...That's the place where I am absent from my real self and just play endlessly in my false self .. when it should be the other way around.


Grandsheikh once spoke to me about Jafar as -Sadiq r.a. from the Golden Chain of the Naqshibandi
Silsilla. He was a descendant of the Prophet. When he was worhipping, he was absent from himself, going
into the Divine Presence. The value of worship is in that Presence. As much as you are with yourself, you
are far away from real worship; you are a servant to youself. Being absent from yourself means coming to
Unity, ‘Tawhid’. When you are present in the Divine Presence, all powers are present with you. There is
no heedlessness, you don’t forget anything. When you are with your ego, you may forget something in
the prayer. The purpose of all worship is only to make you absent from yourself and present in the Divine
Presence. As much as you are with yourself, there is no real unity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home